The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Jesus Loves Me This I KNOW

If I have been learning anything over the course of the past few weeks, it's a new revelation of the love of Christ. It's one thing to accept that Jesus loves you, but to really know that you know that you know without a shadow of a doubt is another. This means when my plans don't turn out the way I envisioned, I know that His ways are higher, His thoughts are higher than my own, He has a bigger picture in mind. And how do I know this? Because I KNOW His love for me. Knowing goes beyond feelings. Some days, I wake up and I don't always feel that love from my Creator, but I still know it stands true down deep in my heart. I know He is a good God, He promises in His Word that my future is in His hands. I know that He gives good gifts to His children (Matt. 7:11). 

Knowing is the confidence that whatever you believe is true. In order to know these things, I had to first believe them. I believe[d] Him at His Word because of the love He has for me. I am able to believe that He wants the best for me in every area of my life. Once I began believing that God wants the best for me simply because He loves me, I stopped worrying. I stopped worrying about my future because I know that He's able to guard what I've entrusted to Him until it comes to pass (2 Tim. 1:12). I once heard it said, "When you know how much He loves you, you know there's nothing He wouldn't do for you" -Jeremy Pearsons. 

I believe that the enemy, satan, specifically targets women and girls in the area of self-worth which then leads to actions of depression, suicide, self-harm, etc. The enemy knows that once we receive a revelation of just how much Christ loves us, we are unstoppable. If he can get us to buy into the lies that we are not worthy enough to be loved and pursued, then he thinks he's won. The very nature of Jesus is love. He cares for you dearly and delights in every little detail of your life (Ps. 37:23). He can be trusted, He is safe. He loves it when we come to Him with our concerns, fears, doubts. He loves to trade those fears, doubts, and unbelief for His peace and strength. He loves when we come to Him with bold faith asking and believing Him at His very Word. Whether you come in fear or faith, He is present with love. 

I pray that you would receive a new revelation of the love of Christ, a knowing down deep in your heart that doesn't weaken or fade when trials and tribulation come. A knowing that takes you further than your feelings on the days you don't feel loved. A knowing that He is a good, good Father who passionately pursues you day after day simply because He loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment